It would be disingenuous to say that Black Star Riders rose from the ashes of Thin Lizzy. They didn't have to rise very far. They made the noble choice at the tail end of last year to record new material and during the process of putting together the new album decided that it wouldn't be right to release it under the Thin Lizzy name, so they decided to go a different route and named themselves Black Star Riders.
Black Star Riders includes members of Thin Lizzy that were out touring and filling Arenas for the past few years : Scott Gorham, Ricky Warwick, Damon Johnson and Marco Mendoza and they have been joined by ex Alice Cooper and Megadeth tubthumper Jimmy Degrasso. Their first album under the Riders moniker All Hell Breaks Loose will be released on May 27th.
Their first single "Bound For Glory" (video at the bottom of this post) is out now and the guys have just released date for their first full UK tour, which follow below.
- Friday 22nd Nov O2 Academy, Bournemouth
- Saturday 23rd Nov Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- Monday 25th Nov O2 Academy, Bristol
- Tuesday 26th Nov Junction, Cambridge
- Wednesday 27th Nov UEA, Norwich
- Friday 29th Nov Hard Rock Hell 6, Wales – FESTIVAL CO-HEADLINE
- Saturday 30th Nov Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton
- Sunday 1st Dec Solus/University, Cardiff
- Monday 2nd Dec O2 Academy, Oxford
- Thursday 5th Dec Ironworks, Inverness
- Friday 6th Dec Picturehouse, Edinburgh
- Saturday 7th Dec O2 Academy, Newcastle
- Sunday 8th Dec O2 Academy, Leeds
- Tuesday 10th Dec The Assembly Rooms, Leamington Spa
- Thursday 12th Dec Rock City, Nottingham
- Friday 13th Dec Ritz, Manchester
- Saturday 14th Dec Academy, Dublin, EIRE
As you can see it's a pretty big tour in modest size venues. A great chance to see an amazing band with a great pedigree up close and personal. Tickets for the tour will be priced at £22.50 for regional shows and £25.00 for the London date. The Dublin date is priced at €25.
Planet Rock will have an exclusive Presale for the tickets starting at 9am on Monday 29th April at www.planetrock.com/blackstarriders. After that tickets will be onsale through normal outlets from Thursday May 2nd.
There are VIP packages available for all shows including a Meet and Greet and a special acoustic performance. For more info about these VIP packages go to www.blackstarriders.com
(For more info about the Hard Rock Hell show in Wales see www.hardrockhell.com/).