In a career that has spanned 25 years and 13 albums, there isn't much that hasn't already been said about the UK's doom / gothic metallers Paradise Lost.
The bands offical recording debut came in 1990 with the Lost Paradise album. The genesis of the band is a time the bands' guitarist Aaron Aedy recalls somewhat fondly:
I remember our first rehearsal at Studio X in the Dean Clough complex of Halifax, it was Saturday March 26th between the hours of one and four pm. We had a few ideas flying around and managed to write our first opus 'Blood-filled-eyes' and start our 2nd 'Plains of Desolation', I can only describe these songs as unique.
Afterwards we all went to the pub after to celebrate. Three and a half months later we were playing live, supporting Acid Reign and Re-Animator at the legendary Frog and Toad Night Club in Bradford. We had a 30 minute slot and only 15 minutes of music so we played one song twice, attempted a Sodom cover we hadn't even learned and Nick [Holmes, vocals] did his stand up for the rest of it.
To celebrate a quatrer of a century of bringing glamour and gloom to the masses Paradise Lost have announced 4 UK shows with Very special guests Lacuna Coil with another Special guest yet to be announced.
The Dates are:
- October 30th - Wolverhampton Wulfren Hall (www.wolvescivic.co.uk)
- October 31st - Glasgow ABC (www.ticketweb.co.uk)
- November 01st - Manchester Ritz (www.kililive.com)
- November 03rd - London Roundhouse (www.kililive.com)
General Sale tickets are on sale as of Friday 24th May.
Tyhere is a special VIP package available to purchase (limited to 25 per venue). This package includes:
- An EXCLUSIVE deluxe box containing 2 engraved beer glasses featuring all the bands album titles and crown of thorns logo.
- EXCLUSIVE VIP Only T-Shirt with artwork from the forthcoming 'Tragic Illusion' album.
- A 180 gram vinyl copy of the reissued landmark 'GOTHIC', personally signed by all the band members.
- Crown of Thorns Tote Bag
- VIP lanyard and laminate allowing you access to the show
- Early access to the show
- Meet and greet with the band
- Photo opportunity with the band (please bring your own camera)
Cristina from Lacuna Coil had this to say about playing these shows with Paradise Lost:
Paradise Lost were in between the bands that strongly influenced me
as a singer, when I started my career with Lacuna Coil, so it is just
awesome for me to realise we'll share the stage with them on this upcoming tour.
I am sure that the dark vibe coming from the stage will totally embrace old school and new fans making it an event you absolutely CAN'T miss! Boy, I can't wait!!!"