East Anglian rockers The Darkness are heading out on the road on what could be called a public service tour later this year to celebrate 10 years of their hit debut ablum Permission To Land.
The band are hitting some of the less frequented parts of the UK, touring spots in what they have dubbed an Outreach Programme*. There will be dates in the usual big cities but the band have decided to take in some of the smaller more "intimate" venues in places that other bands wouldn't normally go to.
The band will be playing the whole of 'Permission To Land' along with hits from 'One Way Ticket To Hell and Back' and last years 'Hot Cakes' albums.
The Darkness are hoping to get some new material out before the tour, nothing has been decided as to what form this might be but they have said that there is are a large amount of demos so there is no shortage of raw material to choose from.
Those Tour dates are:
- 13th LONDON - Electric Ballroom
- 15th BATH - Pavilion
- 16th PLYMOUTH - Uni
- 17th CARDIFF - Coal Exchange
- 19th BUCKLEY - Tivoli
- 20th KILMARNOCK - Grand Hall
- 21st INVERNESS - Iron Works
- 23rd BELFAST - Limelight
- 24th DUBLIN - Olympia
- 26th LINCOLN - Engine Shed
- 27th MIDDLESBROUGH - Empire
- 28th HOLMFIRTH - Picturedrome
- 29th SCUNTHORPE - Bath Halls
- 01st PRESTON - 53 Degrees
- 02nd WOLVERHAMPTON - Wulfrun
- 03rd LEAMINGTON - Spa Assembly
- 06th PORTSMOUTH - Pyramids
- 07th BRIGHTON - Concorde 2
- 08th FOLKESTONE - Leas Cliff Hall
- 10th SALISBURY - City Hall
- 11th DORKING - Hall
- 12th OXFORD - O2 Academy
- 14th NORTHAMPTON - Roadmenders
- 15th LEICESTER - O2 Academy
- 16th NORWICH - UEA
Tickets are on sale now from http://www.theactualdarkness.com and other ticket outlets.
* - an activity of providing services to populations who might not otherwise have access to those services. A key component of outreach is that the groups providing it are not stationary, but mobile; in other words they are meeting those in need of outreach services at the locations where those in need are. In addition to delivering services, outreach has an educational role, raising the awareness of existing services